Flat Stanley

Flat Stanley

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Greetings from California...

Flat Stanley has enjoyed his visit to California.
I live in San Diego in an old house downtown. To celebrate Flat Stanley's arrival here, I had a party. I invited some friends and family and Flat Stanley helped us grill steaks in the back yard. 

 My cat and Flat Stanley became friends and spent hours together.



I am an artist.  We took Flat Stanley with us to a few art openings.  At an art show, artists like to have an opening reception so that we can meet other people who love art.  



I like to do my work on location.  I am a landscape painter.  So I took Flat Stanley out to paint with me one day.  
Sometimes we had to run errands. Laundry and the car wash. I needed to buy some bubble wrap to mail a painting to my art gallery. 

 

But it was not always work.  We had fun too.  We went to a play with a friend and got an extra ticket for Flat Stanley.  Flat Stanley seemed a little bored.  Sometimes I think plays are boring too.    

Flat Stanley also got to go on a road trip.  We took Flat Stanley to Los Angeles.  Flat Stanley posed in front of the Hollywood Sign, but it's hard to read on the hills behind him.  While we were in Los Angeles, we went to an outside mall called The Grove.  Flat Stanley got tired while shopping and needed a nap.  
Later that night, Flat Stanley joined us at a Jennifer Nettles concert. Flat Stanley has decided to stay in California. He has enrolled in the local college and is looking for an apartment near the beach. What do you think he plans to study?

No comments:

Post a Comment